good source of smoking firewood Dearborn area?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buttburner

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Michigan
Hey guys just joined your group.

Like my title says, I am looking for a good place get hardwood for my stickburner in the Dearborn area

Anyone have a suggestion besides checking CL?

thanks!

Thanks for joining! Sorry I can't help you as that is not my neck o' the woods. I know everytime I go to The Henry Ford (Greenfield Village) they are always burning some nice smelling hickory, but who knows where they get it.

Thanks

My daughter worked there for 4 years while in college. I can hear the train whistle from my house.

Thanks for joining the group.
welcome1.gif
   You might want to try calling a few tree removal services and see if you can buy fresh cut wood and season it yourself.  I used to have a wood furnace and I found two tree trimmers around here that if they were close to me they would call me and I would go and pick it up off the ground and load it myself.  Both would cut it in 4" logs. I paid about $10.00 a cord.

Stan

thanks I am going to do that.

But I need some now, actually used wood from Kroger that they sell in plastic wrapped bundles and it worked quite well in a pinch.

But I know I am still paying way to much for that

there are a few on CL that look promising I just contacted.

Just thought I would ask here if anyone knew of someone.

thnaks I did find some. The guy is in Britton, not far from Cabelas.

I got 1/2 & 1/2 hickory and cherry for $60/ face cord. Split

real nice wood! He is CL. I can get you his info if anyone wants it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky