• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Good scale?

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
I've been trying to be good and measure with grams and percentages making sausage.
I've been using a Taylor scale but it chokes on partial grams. I've been just rounding up.
Any recommendations?

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
American Weigh Systems or whatever the $10-20 ones are. They sell them at headshops. They should go to hundredths of a gram, and be pretty accurate by the tenth. They will also probably have something like a Gemini-20 which goes to the thousandth of a gram, but they are overkill and annoying to use (Google them and you will see what i mean).

If your scale doesn't come with calibration weights, you can just weigh something standardized like coins.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
American Weigh Systems or whatever the $10-20 ones are. They sell them at headshops. They should go to hundredths of a gram, and be pretty accurate by the tenth. They will also probably have something like a Gemini-20 which goes to the thousandth of a gram, but they are overkill and annoying to use (Google them and you will see what i mean).

If your scale doesn't come with calibration weights, you can just weigh something standardized like coins.
Thanks!
Haven't been inside a head shop in 40 years LOL!

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Problem solved. It weighs in Grams as well as Grains. Should have thought of it sooner.
scale.jpg

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I went way above my budget & bought a Toledo jewelry scale.
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.