Good Light BBQ Sauce for Beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
I have a chuck roast in the smoker. What's a good light sauce for smoked beef?

I generally rely on Sweet Baby Ray's because I was amazed when I found out how good it was, but it's a heavy sauce.

Reactions: negolien
By 'heavy' if you mean thick, have you ever tried thinning the SBR with a little warm au jus (or even some foil juices if you do a wrapped step)? It does not take much but you get a beefy back-flavor, and still retain the shine from a little sauce.

Sounds like a good idea. I should have some stuff in the drip pan.

I decided to try cider vinegar, maple syrup, ketchup, garlic, salt, and Frank's Red Hot. I may throw a little Inglehoffer's Beer 'n' Brat mustard in it.

I don't use sauce with chuck roast. I pour up the liquid gold from the pan put it in the fridge while the roast is resting. Then skim the fat off and add back to the meat .
If you're going with a sauce I would be sure to add the drippings back in.

Keith

It turned out this stuff was great by itself, but not so much on beef. Maybe it will be better on pork.

Take a mesquite smoke-flavored sauce and thin it out with a little beer until it gets to the consistency that you're looking for.

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky