Good Deal on WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pollekat

Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
Trussville, AL
I've been following the SMF for a few weeks now and have tried a few test runs on a buddies brinkmann electric gourmet. Based on what I've read I decided to purchase a WSM and jump into this hobby with both feet. Lots of internet searches and local "errands" to find the best price and actually touch one. The wife gave her ok this morning and I found a great price online @

http://www.aimtofind.com/weber-18-5-...010-model.html

Should have probably done some verification related to "aimtofind", but it's the smoker I wanted and I even got to throw in some extras all for less than the suggested retail price of all other retailers.

Needless to say, I'm very excited with my new purchase and can't wait to give my own smoker a good seasoning and meat test.

Sorry missed this one their is quite a bit of traffic on the site it doesn't take but a second for a post to get missed. Good price on the WSM your gonna love it also I would suggest getting the book called Low and Slow written by a cat named Gary Wiviot. The book was created with owners of the WSM in mind. also check out this site: good luck

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

That is the lowest I've seen an 18.5. Looks like a good deal. Welcome to SMF Pollecat & you should head over to "Roll Call" for your proper introduction to the forum & tell us about yourself. Have fun & let us know when you get your smoker.

Welcome to SMF and congrats on the new WSM purchase I'm sure you'll like it seems all are members that have them do. I'm gonna move your thread to the roll call section so you can get a proper welcome to SMF

nice price(about $20 cheaper than I got mine for).

you also made a great choice for smoker, the WSM is the best there is of the small deck sized smokers imho.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I also second the rec. for picking up a copy of Wiviotts book, he knows what he is talking about, and can definitely cook.

I got the exact same WSM on aimtofind.com. Didn't have any problems with the order/site.

Yo pollekat, welcome to SMF!

Great find on the WSM, excellent price!

You made a very good decision with your choice in smokers, and will not be disappointed.

Thanks for mentioning the aimtofind site I will be watching for deals there now.

SMOKE ON DUDE!

What a great deal! A local place here has them for 199, but the older model without therm, and maybe the bigger water pan?

Anyway, I might get this thing while the deal lasts, but am on the fence between the Big Block GOSM and the WSM. The only concern I have is hanging sausage in the WSM, I don't think it's possible?

Got the new WSM delivered today by FedEx. Already put together, less time then the 1 hour the instructions suggest, now my only problem is the storms and inclement weather rolling through alabama tonight & tomorrow. Hate to think this thing is just sitting and waiting on me... more time to research and plan my first attempt.

Welcome to the SMF, looks like you've got something to be excited about. It's all good my friend.

You're gonna love your WSM. Bought mine based on information I found here and I have been totally satisfied. I will 3rd the Low & Slow book by Viviot. His writing can come across as crass at times, but his information is spot on and though the book comes with instructions for grills and offsets the book is geared toward the WSM.

Speaking to the sausage hangers: I've thought about this at length and the only way I can figure to hang them would be to fabricate or find something that could sit on the lower rack and still fit under the lid. You couls take out the top rack and hang the sausages that way, but I've no idea how many you could smoke at once. <--Till something like this is found I'll have to stick with fatties...

Bet you could whip something up using the pipe fittings and steel/iron pipe pieces you find at home depot or lowes. Or maybe copper, but not the sodder stuff.... would have to be threaded.

First off welcome Pollekat to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky