Gonna try my new smoker tomorrow!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NGRIdave

Original poster
Apr 12, 2021
Cincinnati,Ohio
Got a brand new PBV4PS2 and gonna do the burn in tomorrow and see how it goes. Plan on doing some chicken,ribs,12lbs butt and some sausage! (over 3 days) I finally got 4 days off in a row so I thought this would be a good time to play with it!
Any tips on the burn in? I've watched some videos and seems pretty simple, but if it can go wrong it WILL happen to me! I got a InkBird 6XS for temps so I think I'm ready. How much pellets should I put in her to start the burn in? I've had a Maserbulit before and it used chips and I could run that thing blind but this is my first time with a pellet smoker. I did notice that the Ash clean out tray don't sit flush against the unit. It sticks out bout a quarter inch. I've tried to push her all the way ion but it stops just before closing all the way and wont go any further. Is this a problem? Thanks for the help all!
Dave

Reactions: mike243
Got a brand new PBV4PS2 and gonna do the burn in tomorrow and see how it goes. Plan on doing some chicken,ribs,12lbs butt and some sausage! (over 3 days) I finally got 4 days off in a row so I thought this would be a good time to play with it!
Any tips on the burn in? I've watched some videos and seems pretty simple, but if it can go wrong it WILL happen to me! I got a InkBird 6XS for temps so I think I'm ready. How much pellets should I put in her to start the burn in? I've had a Maserbulit before and it used chips and I could run that thing blind but this is my first time with a pellet smoker. I did notice that the Ash clean out tray don't sit flush against the unit. It sticks out bout a quarter inch. I've tried to push her all the way ion but it stops just before closing all the way and wont go any further. Is this a problem? Thanks for the help all!
Dave

Show us a photo of the smoker/ash tray issue and maybe we can help diagnose the problem.

Congratulations on the new toy! I'd fill it up with pellets and not worry about it.

How do I post a picture? (sorry..not into computers like kids are!)
Dave
Also..when ya say load her up does that mean fill the whole hopper up and let her run till they are gone?

How do I post a picture? (sorry..not into computers like kids are!)
Dave
Also..when ya say load her up does that mean fill the whole hopper up and let her run till they are gone?
I'd follow what the owners manual says as far as burn in.
if your doing the forum on your phone or ipad.....Take a picture of your smoker, then to the left below this box you will see a yellowish box says.."Attach files". Click that and select the picture you want to load.
Jim

Heres a thread with step by step instructions and pictures ( I do better with pics to follow).
Jim

I have the older PB 4 vertical smoker, so can't comment about ash clean out, sounds like something might be bent on the rail or something. As to the burn in the manual has some info on that. From manual: " Start smoker and operate at highest heat 350, with door closed for 30-40 minutes.

To clean the glass TotallyAwesome (Dollar Tree) works great. I clean it every 3 or 4 smokes and it is crazy how well it cleans things off.

Just leave and when you come back you wont have to log back in, too much trouble logging in and out lol

Welcome to the site, great folks here , I don't have a clean out on my pellet smoker so I aint no help, the only smokers that ran out of pellets are the one that somebody didn't fill up lol

Get that thing smokin!
And I use a razor scraper to clean the glass on my MES after it cools down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky