Going to he'll in a hand bag?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

skull fish

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
NE PENNSYLVANIA
Ok, stopped by cabela's last night and saw this mes, not sure to switch or try the electric side being a new bee to the BBQ. I have been studying smoke for 6 months now with the master built propane. And Jeff's forum and smoking-meat. Com.

Crazy!!! But I couldn't stand it! Went back again to cabela's again...tonight...the smoker was still there in the bargain cave for 171.69 from 299.99, priced as the 30" inch mes? Open the box for damage? No broken window, no shipping dents, ??? Left to go and check the other smokers upstairs to check code and price of a 30"mes, no match. 40"inch on sale this week 359.00, omg this is the 40 down in the bargain cave.. Well. Snagged it.. I'm going to hell.. For 171.69 brand new..

a689886f-ca4d-a525.jpg
a689886f-ca85-d01f.jpg

They offer 30 day return policy, no questions asked, if I found damage or unit doesn't work ,, could not pass it up. They even helped put it the car...

Skull Fish, now that's what I call a deal, a 40" MES for $171.69 and the same smoker upstairs on sale for $359.00 that's a savings of $187.31 you got a deal and a half.  The photo does not show any damage that I can see and it does not look like it has ever been out of the box.  Hook that baby up and let's see what it does and do not forget the Q-View of your first smoke on it so we can see how it does.  Welcome to SMF, we are glad to have you with us.  This is the place that the only dumb question that you can ask.....is the one you do not ask!  So with that again, welcome to a great place with lots of great people!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 
biggrin.gif

Good Snag!

A buddy of mine saw one for that same price in the Bargain Cave, but he said it was the old model MES 40, without the remote control, wheels, etc, and he said the door was damaged & might need replacing, and the plug for the digital control unit was damaged.

That must have been a different one, because I don't see any door damage in your pics.

Looks like a heck-of-a buy to me!

Congrats,

Bear

What a deal.... You are gonna love that thing...

Wow! Thats great!  The same thing happened to me last month, only I wasn't so lucky.  I went to check out the other smokers and when I went back someone else was in the process of purchasing it.  It was marked down to $165.00.  Hmmm, wait,  you weren't, naww, different store.  ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky