GMG Davy Crockett

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokering90

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Jacksonville N.C
Pretty interested in this little smoker, wanting to have something I can fire up quickly. but would also like to be able to grill/sear. Does anyone have the Davy Crockett and are they able to sear a teak on it? also any pro/cons with it?

I've a Davy and love it, except for the legs - someone on another forum said that they should break the legs of the guy that designed the DC legs! I've removed the legs from my DC and it sits on top of a $99 Harbor Freight tool cart - perfect height and plenty of storage.

I can cook most anything you can cook on a bigger pellet cooker, but the size of course is the limiting factor. We actually purchased it for RV-ing and love it on the road for it's portable nature - great for tailgating.

I've not tried searing a steak on it, but there is a sliding metal heat shield that aligns holes in it that is claimed allows direct flame. It works kind of, but the holes are small (1/8 inch or so). I've done tri-tip hot and fast, and it works fine for that. I usually sear steaks on an infrared burner on my grill, and the Davy can not nearly approach that kind of heat.

Outstanding idea re the harbor freight cart. They are on sale right now too. Thanks for the idea

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky