1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Glaze or no Glaze??? Dust or no dust??? What to do with this free spiral cut ham!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by dirtsailor2003, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Case

That turned out GREAT! I may have to do some wicked baked beans now that you posted that pic.

Happy smoken.

David

2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Thanks David they are great! I strayed a bit from Dutch's recipe, fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dirtsailor2003

And breakfast

[​IMG]

Boiled down the remains to make soup stock. Decided to do ham and bean soup for tomorrow's dinner!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

All that for free! Nice job!

5. foamheart

foamheart Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang Case that looks great. Like how you brought the pineapple around to the beans to bring it all together, I be those were some tastee beans. But the ham was centerpiece and I can see from the pictures how juicy it is and with that glaze and the caramelized edges on the ham.... (excuse me a second its hard to type my mouth is watering) It sure looks good. One thing I appreciate that you didn't even think of doing, large pieces of jalapenos!!

Shows that a good glaze is as good as trussing up a sliced ham to help retain moisture.

Thank for sharing.

6. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Todd! There's more to come, ham and bean soup, and there's enough ham still for a weeks worth of ham and cheese sandwees!!!

7. dirtsailor2003

Thanks!!! I'll be eating leftovers all week!! Gonna make a loaf of death to go with tomorrow's ham and bean soup!

8. disco

disco Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What you miss when you lose track of your subscriptions! I'm glad I got back here, that ham and the Qview is terrific. 

Ham, the meal that just keeps on giving!

Disco

9. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Disco!

I know that losing track of subscription issue all to well!

10. dirtsailor2003

MMMM, Left over ham for breakfast and lunch today! Then ham and bean soup for dinner! Gotta love free ham!

11. pc farmer

pc farmer Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks AWESOME.

You will be sick of eating ham.     LOL

12. dirtsailor2003

Thanks Adam! I don't get ham very often since the wife doesn't eat pork. So I have to overload when I do!!!

13. pc farmer

pc farmer Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I am still kicking around the idea to cure my own ham.

I would love to try it.

14. foamheart

foamheart Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Eggs and ham and biscuits, eggs and ham sandwiches, breakfast burritos (Eggs and ham and taters on tortillas), Ham and eggs....... the variations are endless! I like ham and eggs.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  15. dirtsailor2003

Alright Sam I am. Say I do like green eggs and Ham!

16. dirtsailor2003

Using Pop's brine it's pretty simple. I'd recommend it for sure!

17. dirtsailor2003

Im gonna be happy to have turkey tomorrow!!! I love ham,but eating it everyday is kind of getting old!!! [​IMG]

18. piaconis

piaconis Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Case, that all looks excellent!  Job well done!  I especially like seeing all of the peppers in the photos.  Nothing like a little heat from your food in these cold northern winters.

19. dirtsailor2003

Thanks! Yeah we love the heat! The beans really were great!