Gifts From A Great Friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas, non fellas and anyone in between. Me and Robert aka tx smoker tx smoker have become great friends over the last several months so we decided we wanted to do something for one another for Christmas. I received 2 huge boxes from him today. One was 44lbs lol. After lugging them into the house I sat down to open them and was blown away by his generosity and thoughtfulness. For those of you lucky enough to call Robert a friend then you already know. The first box was packed full of goodies. Several of containers of some of his homemade rubs and seasonings, a bottle of garlic olive oil and a bottle of pepper vinegar, a few packs of his jerky, jar of hot pickled garlic, some spicy pistachios he smoked.
IMG_20201209_111503.jpg
IMG_20201209_111455.jpg

And a very nice bottle of Garrison Brothers small batch whiskey
IMG_20201209_111516.jpg

That was the "light" box lol. The 44lb box was full of Certified Piedmontese Beef
IMG_20201209_111525.jpg

A couple of huge tomahawks. The writing on the bottom right corner of all the steaks are the weight
IMG_20201209_111532.jpg

5 super thick ribeyes
IMG_20201209_111538.jpg

4 of the biggest porterhouse steaks I've ever seen
IMG_20201209_111545.jpg

And 2 HUGE racks of meaty beef back ribs
IMG_20201209_111557.jpg

My counter after unpacking everything

I've appreciated my friendship with Robert so much and will say that when he calls you a friend he means it. So to you Robert thanks for everything you managed to make us feel blessed. You have a package coming today, one tomorrow and another Monday!

Last edited:
So to you Robert thanks for everything you managed to make us feel blessed. You have a package coming today, one tomorrow and another Monday!

You are more than welcome Jake. I had a few things in mind but it was Tracy that said to pull out all the stops. Far be it from me to argue. We don't do a lot during the year but tend to get a bit crazy at the holidays. You just happened along at the right time and the stars aligned :emoji_wink: Can't wait to see what you cook up with some of that meat. I can only imagine it'll be great.

Robert

Wow! What a great gift from Robert! And Jake, I know you will do some great things with all that beef!

Reactions: TNJAKE
It’s amazing the change that has taken place in this relationship in the past 8 months.

Very interesting and intuitive that you mention this because it's absolutely true and was the catalyst for the gift package. I told Tracy about the evolution of the online friendship that has developed between Jake and I and that's when she said I needed to pull out all the stops for this one. Thank you for making that observation Peachy. She thought it was great that what started out as a questionable relationship turned into something very positive.

Robert

There is no doubt to Roberts generosity. He has also gifted me with a competition trimmed brisket and a bottle of the garrison brothers. Among the other things we have sent back and forth.

Last edited:
The writing on the bottom right corner of all the steaks are the weight

Yes but all the steaks are upside down :emoji_laughing: My handwriting is hard enough to read but having to invert it makes things difficult...for me anyway. Half the time I can't even read what I wrote

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky