1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Giant Food Sale

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by HalfSmoked, Jun 27, 2018.

1. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Just got the Giant Food Sale for this week starting Friday 30th June.

Whole briskets and St Louis style ribs $1.99 lb.

Can you believe that happy Fourth everyone.

Warren

jaxgatorz likes this.
  2. No such luck in my neck of the woods. In fact I was lamenting the lack of good sales this year. Funny thing is that pork shoulder almost always goes for 99 cents a pound around the 4th. I haven’t seen a decent sale on pork for at least three months. I was hoping to restock. I only have one partial shoulder in my freezer now. I guess I’m just going to have to pay the 1.49 they are charging at Sam’s for pork butt. I can’t go porkless for long before my wife will revolt. Enjoy the brisket. Buy two and just say one is mine lol.

George

3. MW196

MW196 Newbie

We don't usually get our Giant ad until Thursday, so thank you for the heads up.

Unfortunately the ones by us also haven't been carrying the best quality meat, but since I'm on vacation next week it'll be worth checking out.

4. radio

radio Smoking Fanatic

I am soooo envious of you folks having such good prices on meat! The least I have ever paid for pork butt was $1.79 per pound and ribs are rarely less than $2.99 per pound! Brisket has come back down a bit to $2.79 after a recent high of $3.39!

5. That's so crazy, that your high brisket price would be a good sale price here. Ribs tend to run in that $2.99 range here as well. Pork butt tends to run about the same as your quote unless it's on sale. It's just that in the Summer it's normally on sale ever week or two. Nothing since Memorial Day though. Of course gas has gone through the roof at nearly $3.50 a gallon so I suppose they are justifying the higher meat prices by pointing to the fuel cost for delivering it.

George

6. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Down south, Publix has STL's for $1.99 too.
    Also Bone in ribeye for $7.99.
    Al

7. okie362

okie362 Smoking Fanatic

Kroger Ad.PNG

No butts or briskets :(

8. okie362

okie362 Smoking Fanatic

Kroger Ad.PNG

My bad. I didn't look through the complete ad.

9. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

jaxgatorz Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

10. matchew

matchew Smoke Blower

We just got our ad in the paper yesterday. Gonna have to make room in the freezer.