Getting ready to head out and buy my first electric smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Cajun Injector at one time was made by Masterbuilt. There newer models are not. The one in your link Looks like a Masterbuilt 30''. I would have to wait and see which one you get to tell you if there is any other thing you need.

That link does look like a MES30, and the price is good.  Several things to look at IF you are seeing it physically versus ordering online for shipping:

1.  Does it have an access panel on the rear that can be used to get to the connections for the heating element?  Earlier models of MES did not have that.  It would be in the center of the lower third of the back panel.  There is an access panel to the main wiring that is on the bottom of the smoker.

2. Does it have a half-width chip tray or a full width one?  Early models had a full width tray -- but couple years ago they reduced it.  There is a modification available from Masterbuilt that can replace the half width tray with a full one.

3. Does it have a spring latch to hold the door shut?  I don't see it in that picture.  Very early models tried to keep the door shut using magnets.  That was appartently not too successful, and they started putting the latch on about four years ago.  It is possible to refurbish to put a latch on if you are handy.

Good luck -- hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine. 

Looks like a good deal on the Cajun Injector Smoker.

Scheels is mostly in the Upper Midwest, where do you live?.  If you live in Minnesota or Wisconsin, Fleet Farm has these smokers on sale quite often.

Looks like it's made by Masterbuilt.

Todd

My only suggestion is to stop by the grocery store on the way home.
icon_mrgreen.gif

any suggestions or extras that i will need for this?  Thanks ahead of time!

http://www.scheelssports.com/webapp...&catalogId=10101&productId=151347&categoryId=
You're gonna want an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER for cold & warm smoking (and maybe even hot smoking).

You'll want a good digital dual probe remote thermometer (Maverick 73 or equal).

Some foil pans.

Heavy duty foil to cover your drip pan & water pan & wrap various meats.

Bag of wood chips to use until you get the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER.

Then before long, you're gonna want the MES 40, because you'll soon outgrow this one.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Bear

You're gonna want an A-MAZE-N-SMOKER for cold & warm smoking (and maybe even hot smoking).

You'll want a good digital dual probe remote thermometer (Maverick 73 or equal).

Some foil pans.

Heavy duty foil to cover your drip pan & water pan & wrap various meats.

Bag of wood chips to use until you get the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER.

Then before long, you're gonna want the MES 40, because you'll soon outgrow this one.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Bear
I agree with every thing bear said. Get your self a A-Maze-N smoker you will love it.

The smoker in the link more than likely is a MES 30''. The newer Cajun injector smokers have a door for loading their wood chips not a tray like I see in the link.

It doesn't matter if that Cajun Injector is a new model MES or the older model.  Either way it is ia good price for a good smoker as long as its a MES, your going to be happy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky