Getting my Reverse Sear on

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
Had to cook up a nice Valentines dinner for my beautiful bride, especially since skies are blue and temp is a perfect 70°. Dry brined for about 6 hours and seasoned the steaks with Lane’s Scorpion Rub. I smoked the filets using a small cherry chunk at 250° on the KJ until internal hit 125°, then let them rest while I got the sear burner on the gasser heated up. Just for grins, I shot the grate with my IR thermometer and it showed over 800°, so the sear was about 90 seconds per side. Wife made some kale cole slaw and smashed crispy baked red potatoes. Delicious! Cooked an extra 2 steaks for steak salads during the week. Now that dinner has been served, I can break the news that I’m getting fit for a new set of irons tomorrow! :emoji_golf:

Cheers!

1676419827902.jpeg

1676419854219.jpeg

1676419883365.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky