General off set questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reflect

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 6, 2006
Basic offset. Doing some mods...

Heat bricks to keep heat standard from one end to the other. Do I just buy some red bricks at the store?

Heat baffle between firebox and smoke chamber. What do people use and how do you mount it?

Dryer tubing from bottom of smoke stack down to the grate. How do you mount the tubing at the top?

Reflect,

Not sure what type of basic offset you have, but before my WSM I had a char-griller dou(basically a cheap-offset).

1. I didn't use bricks, but I think you need firebrick if your gonna use them.

2. At first I used tin oil for a heat baffle then I used a cooking sheet. I just happen to sit perfectly in my chamber. I still needed a little tin foil to close the gap.

3. Dryer hose clamp will work if your exhaust extends down a little into your chamber. If not you'll have match up a can of some sort to the inside diameter of you exhaust. 

4. Added advise: If yours is like mine was you'll want a build a charcoal box, unless it's a stick burner. 

Happy smoking, even though I had to babysit my char-griller. It did put out some good que.

chris.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky