Geek's Chocolate Pig Candy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 5, 2007
Rural out-skirts of Sedalia, MO
So, I'm calling this a Geek's recipe, but I'm sure someone here has done this. I'll take away the name if I offend anyone.

I've always thought chocolate and pig candy would go well together. So I gave it a shot tonight. Here's my recipe for pig candy, and the additional process of coating in chocolate.

Pig Candy Recipe:

2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp fresh CBP

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp cayenne pepper

1 lb apple or maple flavored bacon

Mix the ingredients by hand and break up the clumps. Take the bacon and slice into thirds. One piece at a time, hand pack as much of the sugar base to both sides of the bacon. Lay each slice on a cooling rack. Place the rack over a cake pan. Sprinkle on more of the sugar base as desired.

3197.jpg

Cook at 375 for 17 minutes (I do this for both my drum and my oven. Cook until the sugar is melted well and bubbly).

3199.jpg

Remove from the oven and carefully remove each piece from the cooling rack. Place on a piece of foil. Place the foil in the ice box for about 3-5 minutes, just until mostly cool.

Adding chocolate:

In a double broiler melt 1/2 package of chocolate almond bark. Coat both sides of the candied bacon one at a time. Each time pick the bacon up out of the chocolate and gently scrape excess chocolate. Remember, this is a bacon recipe. The chocolate is just an enhancer. Place each slice back onto the foil and place in the ice box until the chocolate sets.

3200.jpg

Here's the gooey center of my chocolate pig candy. Enjoy.

3205.jpg

Looks good Josh

Just an FYI - you could also grab one corner with some tongs and dip both sides at once and place on parchment or wax paper to save time - just scrape off the extra

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man you can't get much better then that. Bacon is yummy and then you add chocolate thats Yumm O

WOW! That there is a thing of beuty! I forsee a booth at the state fair with your name on it..... lol.

Hello Josh, great to see you posting again. Just like you to post some lip smacking recipe, and the pic are E to the T. Thanks for sharing. It's all good my friend. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky