Gday from NZ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikeprice

Original poster
May 8, 2017
New Zealand
Hey guys and gals

Mike here from New Zealand. I started getting into American bbq about a year ago, purely by chance. I was online looking for an easy way to make my owm smoker to smoke my fish, and came across the good old UDS. After a bit of investigation, I was completely sold on the idea, and built my own one at home.I absolutely love my UDS,and have so far cooked fish, pork ribs and pork shoulder. I'm going to make a few more to sell as all my friends love the idea, and the food that it makes!
I'm keen next to make an offset smoker, but obviously this is a bit more involved, so it may take some time.

I want to try brisket of course, and beef short ribs next. These always look so good when the pros pull it off!

Oh and I also have a weber kettle and baby q - can never have too many bbq's!

Anyway, just thought I would join this page to get as many tips and tricks of the other keen bbq'ers out there! Thanks for having me.

Cheers
Mike

Welcome aboard Mike! I had the freshest, best meat of my life in New Zealand. Lamb, venison, beef and shrimp all on served raw on the same 1500 F volcanic rock was by far the best lunch I ever had. Got to cook each bite to perfection. It must be a wonderful place to bbq.

Jump right in on a the offset (I'm kinda partial to reverse flow myself)!

Hi Mike!

Welcome to SMF!

welcome1.gif

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky