Gasser Sourdough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
thank you BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker for the inspiration! Whipped up a SD loaf on the gasser as SLC was in the triple digits. truly shocked at how good it came out.
IMG_7098.jpg
IMG_7099.jpg

Looks great!
Record high temps seem to be the theme this week in many parts of the US

Damn, that bread looks freaking awesome, care to share the recipe?

The only good thing about these heat waves is the bikinis it brings out at the community pool and ice cold beer or escaping the heat by hitting the ocean beaches or fishing the bay. 👍 👍 👍
Stay :emoji_sunglasses:!!!

Wow, very nice looking loaf. Any different taste than the oven? Wonder how this would go on charcoal or wood.

I was brief last night.. sorry about that. here's the 411:

Recipe:
  • 100g Starter
  • 350g water
  • 500g flour
  • 10g salt
  • Mix water, starter, and salt. Add flour.
  • Autolyse at room temp about 1 hour
  • Lift and fold
  • 20-25 the first time
  • 2-4 more lift and fold sessions 30-60 minutes apart
  • Bulk fermentation at room temp
  • Lift and fold to make a loose ball
  • rice floured banneton
  • in the refer for a couple hours.
the cook,
I used my Weber Genesis with three burners. outside burners were higher than the center one. ran it about 425. 35 minutes with the lid on then led off time brown - which was faster than the indoor oven.

I haven't tried it yet because I made for a guys weekend. Im bringing 2 racks of baby backs, large piece of brisket, Utah beers and a "handle" of Bulleit. The other guys and bringing handles of vodka and gin along with a slew of brew. we got fly rods, guns and a house in the mountains for 4 days. we haven't seen much of each other since we all graduated college, married, kids, etc. this is gonna be fun! No wives, no ex's, no dogs, no kids.

Beautiful loaf!
Bread on the gasser works great - I've done several. Outdoor temps are going up around here so will be doing another this weekend.

Having fun making and baking bread. Everyone likes breads. And right now its allot cheaper than making all kinds of sausage (which i do miss making)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky