Gasket???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RNMike

Original poster
Aug 9, 2018
Hi friends,
Just doing the initial burn in on my Rec Tec RT700 and I was wondering about some sort of gasket to seal the lid. Pros, cons, suggestions...Yes, I’m a total noob

Reactions: SonnyE
A man's got to know his limitations...

Hi Mike,
Unless all the smoke in the chamber is going out a leak, it isn't that important to fuss over it.
Every sm00ker I've ever had leaks some smoke. I don't care if it does. It has to have stale out and fresh in.
Too often I see folks fussing over any leakage. It's no big deal.
Adds to the ambiance of the yard party. Even if it is only you, yourself, and Mike out there.

Now a septic tank, or a cesspool, those are things that you don't want their sweet aroma wafting around. :confused::rolleyes:

Nice puppy in your Avatar...;)

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thanks friends! So don’t “F” with it...got it. That’s Penelope in my avatar...no, you can’t eat her!

Thanks smokininidaho! We were visiting relatives in Nampa last week!

Thanks friends! So don’t “F” with it...got it. That’s Penelope in my avatar...no, you can’t eat her!

I wouldn't bother right away. Take it low and slow, like Bar-B-Que.
Do some ques, drink a few brews, think about it.
And of course, ask Penelope. She's as smart as any of us out here.

I had a Sir Francis Bacon once. He was always ready for a good belly rub.

SonnyE, best response yet! I will follow your advice. Doing some beef jerky & ribs tomorrow for the first smoke...I of course will be having a few cold frosty beverages I have Stone Go To IPA on tap right now.
Penelope too loves a good belly rub

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky