GARY's VERY FIRST BOLOGNA with Lots of Pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks guys, come on over and we'll start frying some up, Might even have some smoked mozzarella 

Gary

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
That looks great. The post is laid out nicely and a great tutorial. Try picking up the container of meat and give it a few hard taps on the counter to help get the little bubbles out.

I have been eating fried bologna sandwiches since I had teeth. I am in the Fried Onion camp as well. The Jersey boys should back me here, some of the best Bologna is a brand in NJ called Schickhaus. They make delicious Hot Dogs as well...JJ 

That looks awesome Gary!  Do you stuff the casing by hand?  You make it look so easy!

Mike 
points.gif

Gary

Looks awesome

Dont worry bout the little air pockets, give it homemade class. Not all of us have the means to pump nitrogen into the product to keep the air bubbles out.

That looks great. The post is laid out nicely and a great tutorial. Try picking up the container of meat and give it a few hard taps on the counter to help get the little bubbles out.

I have been eating fried bologna sandwiches since I had teeth. I am in the Fried Onion camp as well. The Jersey boys should back me here, some of the best Bologna is a brand in NJ called Schickhaus. They make delicious Hot Dogs as well...JJ 
Thanks JJ  I'll do that next time  It had a few throughout 

Gary

That looks awesome Gary!  Do you stuff the casing by hand?  You make it look so easy!

Mike 
points.gif
Hey Mike, thank's for the point.  I was going to stuff by hand casing is large enough but my stuffer was sitting right there so I used it.

Gary

Thanks  Chew    and for the Point

Gary

Thank you David

Gary

I love it on the grill.  Especially if it's a high quality bologna.  This recipe looks fantastic.  And you did a good job showing how to do it, thanks!

And I'm all for the raw red onions w/ mustard...  Perfect combo.

I love it on the grill.  Especially if it's a high quality bologna.  This recipe looks fantastic.  And you did a good job showing how to do it, thanks!

And I'm all for the raw red onions w/ mustard...  Perfect combo.
If you noticed I saved a big chunk to cut really thick and cook on the grill with BBQ sauce  One of my favorites.

But I have a lot of favorites 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky