Garlic Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hand tie is so traditional and a pia. I love it.

Hung from the mantle, well lintel with care.
Thank you , and yes hand tied, also with a bubble knot at each end just in case we went into SV To finish, we didn’t have to though.
We usually have sausage hanging somewhere in this house. I have hooks in the outside front entry to.

BTW, be very interested in your recipe as my fam loves both sausage and garlic… huge fans of both! And that looks like a huge hit!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
BTW, be very interested in your recipe as my fam loves both sausage and garlic… huge fans of both! And that looks like a huge hit!
Here is my basic recipe without the changes I made with this batch, I’ll post my changes later today.

5 pounds pork butt 80/20 or add back fat up to 70/30

Salt) 1.5%

Cure 1) .25%

Cracked BP) 5g

Gran Garlic) 5g

Coriander) 1-2g

Paprika) 3g

Red Chile Flake) 3-4g (optional)

Grind through medium to course plate (1/4-3/8”)

Here is my basic recipe without the changes I made with this batch, I’ll post my changes later today.

5 pounds pork butt 80/20 or add back fat up to 70/30

Salt) 1.5%

Cure 1) .25%

Cracked BP) 5g

Gran Garlic) 5g

Coriander) 1-2g

Paprika) 3g

Red Chile Flake) 3-4g (optional)

Grind through medium to course plate (1/4-3/8”)

Thanks, appreciate it!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Great picture, I'm in awe of your dog staying out of the sausages. My old Dobes would've grabbed them and lead us on a merry chase all around the house, and they would've been swallowed before I could ever catch one of them.
One yellow lab, she looked at them, but was raised with all this and knows better, she is a good girl. The other is a miniature aussie. No real worries there.

What I did different this time, and it did work very well:

I make Lisiecka style sausage LINK and decided to combine that process with this sausage recipe with a twist.

The twist, Dave O has a famous ham injection here that uses Kitchen Basics no salt veggie broth. This make the most delicious ham I’ve eaten. That broth specifically makes a special flavor with the pork. So since Lisiecka is very a hammy bite, I wanted to add that broth to the sausage, and since I add up to 1 cup of water to my 5# batch of sausage, the wheel was turning. I also wanted to apply the Polish method of cubing the meat and curing it 24-48 hours then grind and stuff. Time is everything in good sausage flavor.

I cubed all the meat and fat (fat was 2 pounds of belly) in about 1” cubes, making sure that I clean up about 2 pounds as lean with little to no fat, this meat will not be ground. I measured out 1 cup of KB veggie stock then slightly warmed that to a tepid 90-100*F then dissolve .4% phosphate, and .25% cure 1, couple ice cubs to chill. I add the salt and spices to the meat and fat, mix then add the stock (note to self, use 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup) mix well, dissolve .05% erythorbate in 90-100* water then ice cube and add that and mix to incorporate. Then into a zip bag and into the fridge for about 30 hours. Then prep for grind. Separate that 2# of lean no fat cubes, then separate about 1# of class III (fatty connective tissue) then grind what’s left through the 3/8 plate, the class III through the 1/8 plate, add the cubed meat and mix for protein extraction. I stuffed these in 42mm beef middles. The flavor is exceptional and the bite and texture is full. Just wish I had cut the stock back a little because you have to allow for the 2# that’s not ground. I will definitely fine tune on this with some recipes, anyone who has made Dave’s ham will understand, it’s delicious.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky