Garlic Habanero Dandelion Honey Pecans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
After a couple tries of trying to do a sugar-free version of my pecans I had gave up. They just have to have that honey taste to balance them out. Tried some keto honey and that stuff nasty! I made some Dandelion Honey from recipe from Jeff and man is it good. Tastes like honey. This worked! I owe a huge thanks to jcam222 jcam222 ! My pecans are back!

20210422_133505.jpg 20210422_134151.jpg 20210422_135119.jpg
20210422_135128.jpg

20210422_141345.jpg

Those would fit the bill Brian ! Sound tasty.

I have to try making that honey if I can find those sweeteners.
Thanks jcam222 jcam222
I think you could use any of the artificial sweeteners other than Stevia. Both the allulose and Golden Lakanto are available on Amazon. It’s truly shocking how close to homey this is from a flavor standpoint. I’m going to do some hot honey wings soon with it.

I think you could use any of the artificial sweeteners other than Stevia. Both the allulose and Golden Lakanto are available on Amazon. It’s truly shocking how close to homey this is from a flavor standpoint. I’m going to do some hot honey wings soon with it.
Was curious why Stevia would not work? Pyure is my favorite sweetener but since you only use half as much as sugar I don't use when worried about volume. I bought Golden Lakanto at Big Lots yesterday for $3.50 a bag.

Was curious why Stevia would not work? Pyure is my favorite sweetener but since you only use half as much as sugar I don't use when worried about volume. I bought Golden Lakanto at Big Lots yesterday for $3.50 a bag.
Dude I have to check our big lot!! I’d buy multiple cases for that price. What size bags? I think Stevia be super bitter in this high concentration.

Dude I have to check our big lot!! I’d buy multiple cases for that price. What size bags? I think Stevia be super bitter in this high concentration.
They just 8 oz but still not bad. I could not find in store and order for pick up. Girl showed me where they and was in one of those small isle out in the middle of walk way.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky