'garage-ready' chest freezer recommendations?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ty520

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Hi all,

I've had an old chest freezer on the back patio that's probably between 40 and 50 years old. It finally bit the dust, so I need a replacement pretty quick.

Was wondering if any of you can recommend a good replacement?

unfortunately, it must go outside (but under a porch) --- no choice, so It needs to be 'garage ready' rated.

also, ideally, a unit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg since it will be going outside

I don’t really concern myself with the garage ready feature on a freezer. A fridge would be a different story though. I’ve had a freezer in my unheated or cooled garage for 30 years with no issues.

I don’t really concern myself with the garage ready feature on a freezer. A fridge would be a different story though. I’ve had a freezer in my unheated or cooled garage for 30 years with no issues.

Yeah, the one I used to have is a Philco that's probably as old as I am, built like a tank out of steel - it still runs, but the inner lining finally started to fall apart. but I don't have much faith in the stuff they sell now

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky