Game Day Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
Pulled pork for Sunday! It's on over hickory and apple. The PID is doing a good job keeping a close watch on things. It is cool outside so it is having to think hard about what it is doing.

I'll be following it up this afternoon with two new jerky recipes, then some sausage and bacon pig shots on Sunday before the game. Oh, and some pulled pork dip. I just have to remember where the darned recipe is...

This is what happens when you go to Powell's Books in Portland and discover they have a large smoking/BBQ section.

And shout out to HalfSmoked HalfSmoked for some nice rub!

IMG_1298.jpeg

Last edited:
Pulled pork for Sunday! It's on over hickory and apple. The PID is doing a good job keeping a close watch on things. It is cool outside so it is having to think hard about what it is doing.

I'll be following it up this afternoon with two new jerky recipes, then some sausage and bacon pig shots on Sunday before the game. Oh, and some pulled pork dip. I just have to remember where the darned recipe is...

This is what happens when you go to Powell's Books in Portland and discover they have a large smoking/BBQ section.

And shout out to HalfSmoked HalfSmoked for some nice rub!

View attachment 525127
Looks delicious. Can't wait to see it finished.

Looks delicious. Can't wait to see it finished.

Here you go!

831231E1-CBDA-474A-AD47-3A85528AB28E.jpeg

It shredded beautifully at 205 degrees. I smoked for four hours at 275 over hickory and apple, then into the oven to braze with a mix of bourbon and apple juice for about two hours. It was hard to pickup and move to the dish to shread . The bone just fell out. Very moist.

3506CD8D-2283-4D50-AD98-7833DF03DF8A.jpeg

The only problem is, I can’t stop eating it! Man, I love the bark!

looks great! to add onto this I have a 5.5 lb butt to smoke tomorrow, any thoughts for how long to smoke (just guesstimate) so I can plan the day 275 275 deg?

looks great! to add onto this I have a 5.5 lb butt to smoke tomorrow, any thoughts for how long to smoke (just guesstimate) so I can plan the day 275 275 deg?

I ran it in the smoker for about four hours, then in the oven brazing at 325 for a couple of more until it reached 205. It was about 7.5 pounds.

Reactions: clifish
Thanks everyone for the likes. It is really tasty. I also made up a pot of bourbon bbq sauce to go with it. I can eat that sauce like soup it is so good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky