Future beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DougE

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
The biggest heifer on the right is going in the freezer when she gets a bit bigger.
future beef.jpg

That will be good eats for sure. Nothing like picking them out(or call). Steaks will be smaller, but tasty for sure.

Reactions: DougE
That will be good eats for sure. Nothing like picking them out(or call). Steaks will be smaller, but tasty for sure.
She's about 500 lbs right now, give or take, it'll be awhile yet before she goes to the processor. I don't let them get huge and tough before I take them off, though. I'd rather have less meat that is fork tender, than a ton of beef you can't chew. It's not like I can't have another sent off when the meat from this one is gone.

She's about 500 lbs right now, give or take, it'll be awhile yet before she goes to the processor. I don't let them get huge and tough before I take them off, though. I'd rather have less meat that is fork tender, than a ton of beef you can't chew. It's not like I can't have another sent off when the meat from this one is gone.
Agree

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky