Fun coming on Sunday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Little update.

I let it in the fridge for 2 days

The casings came off clean.

In the frying pan.

You can see the grease that is cooking out.

When done I patted dry with paper towels.

Wow. This stuff is great fried. It changed everything, as I was hoping.

I see alot of uses for this fried.

I don't think I said I used Gary's bologna recipe, but I didn't use the nfdm and I added pork.

Last edited:
That's some nice looking stuff there.  Glad you liked it, We eat it fried, grilled and just plane   Cut you some thick slices and grill em.

Gary

That's some nice looking stuff there.  Glad you liked it, We eat it fried, grilled and just plane   Cut you some thick slices and grill em.

Gary

Thanks for the recipe Gary. I tried this cold. To much fat with the added pork. Will try again with all beef or venison added.

The one I just got through smoking will be real lean. I bought Chuckles on sale, cut and ground them and used the fat that was in them, so its lean

Pretty full day.   Smoked the Bologna and Salami stuffed 8+ pounds of breakfast links

Gary

The one I just got through smoking will be real lean. I bought Chuckles on sale, cut and ground them and used the fat that was in them, so its lean

Pretty full day.   Smoked the Bologna and Salami stuffed 8+ pounds of breakfast links

Gary

Will be watching for the thread.

Thanks, Slow but Sure   at least sometimes

Gary

Glad it turned out good for ya C........ Nothing like a little rest in the fridge. I always bloom for a few days in the cold box. makes it better....................
icon14.gif

points1.png

Glad it turned out good for ya C........ Nothing like a little rest in the fridge. I always bloom for a few days in the cold box. makes it better....................Thumbs Up

:points1:

Thanks, I still dont think I would like this cold thou. Gonna try mixing some meats. Pork/ vension. Beef\ venison.

CF,IMHO using the 80/20 with no pork would have been to your liking.Still looks good and that is too bad about the sticks !
points.gif

CF,IMHO using the 80/20 with no pork would have been to your liking.Still looks good and that is too bad about the sticks !
points.gif
Thanks CM.    Next time will be all beef.

Anytime you can eat the results is a WIN!

I didn't realize you had made bologna, I had it in my head that you were making SS.  Now I can understand what you were saying about the fat levels.

Still, I happen to love fried bologna, and like you, I won't eat it cold...  Looking forward to the next adventure with all beef.

Adam I know I mentioned the grind but did not say what I meant. The fat should have been ground maybe twice thru the smallest whole plate.

Richie

Adam I know I mentioned the grind but did not say what I meant. The fat should have been ground maybe twice thru the smallest whole plate.
Richie

Ah got ya.

Sliced and vac packed.

Kept two chunks. For what? Who knows.

looks a lot better C. A good rest it the fridge make a big difference.............
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky