Full weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
So Friday, I stopped and picked up some great deals (at least in our area) on chicken. One butcher had boneless skinless breast 17.99 for 10 lb bags and another has 40 lb boxes of cut wings and tenders for 1.59 and 1.79 a lb. So I grabbed 40 lb of breast and a box of each tenders and wings.
We ( my sons football team) lost last week in the first round of playoffs, so I had some free time for the first time since mid August lol. Broke out the vacuum sealer and the wife and I started bagging chicken. At one point, i went out to the shed for a tasty beverage just as my son pulled up on the 4 wheeler. Informing me of just sticking another deer with his bow. I said congrats, but your on your own, we are in the middle of something at the moment.
He said no worries, his buddies would come over to help.
So, long story short, we bagged up the breast and tenders along with 16 bags of wing at 1 dozen a bag, i cut up and deep dried a few pound s of the chicken for us a nd the he boys. Then they retrieved the deer and took off for some ice. I hung and gutted it while they were gone. Once they were back they skinned it, packed with ice and wrapped it. A little while later I sliced up the heart and cooked it in butter on the Blackstone for a "midnight treat"
Next day, my son and his buddy deboned it and we trimmed it up, bagged it up and put it in the freezer in pretty quick order.
Left a ham roast out to cut into finger steaks and made those sat night!
Great weekend of being outdoors, feeding our faces with protein and filling shelf in the freezers!
20221105_000605.jpg
20221105_000605.jpg

20221105_192842.jpg
20221105_200614.jpg
20221105_204626.jpg
20221104_231017.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky