Full House with Q-View

Discussion in 'Pork' started by ldrus, Jun 29, 2008.

1. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Doing a smoke today for my brother, he is having a b-day party for his kids tomorrow so smoking him 40lb of butts put on 2 racks of Baby backs for my self also added a chick and a small 5 lb butt started them about 10-10:30 am hope they are done by 10 tonight he wants to come pick them up tonight

2. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

nice lookin full smoker! Gonna be a good batch of food for the party!

3. Some nice looking grub there!

Bill

4. sped

sped Newbie

The first and third thermometer, did you have issues with them reporting each other's meat temps? I've used the two I had and they would each report each other's temps. I'm curious how yours did by leaving them in each individual base.

The butts look great. How old are his kids so I'll know what kind of present to bring when I show up to eat. LOL

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Everything looks great [​IMG]

6. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good, guess you can never have enough thermometers.[​IMG]

7. hobbyzone

hobbyzone Newbie

Some serious smoking going on there..you need a permit for that [​IMG]
    Great Job!

8. wmarkw

wmarkw Smoking Fanatic

wow looks like a full smoke! good looking grub!

9. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking smoke!

10. gobbledot

gobbledot Meat Mopper

Lookin good... No TBS wasted there, looks like iut will all be used up.... Great lookin start, cant wait to see finished butts and bird...

11. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ahhhhhhhh a full smoker , ya just gotta luv it .... nice pics ....great job [​IMG]

12. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Full smoker for sure. Looks great.

13. ck311

ck311 Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

I love the pic's of the full smoker. Good job and I'm sure everything tasted great.

14. crockadale

crockadale Smoking Fanatic

Nothing wroung with a full smoker. looking good.

15. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW. That's getting it done. Nice smoke.

16. What an assortment of thermometers. I am currently using the Maverick ET-73 and have used it for almost a year. I have also purchased the Maverick ET-71 for the second butt in the smoker. I am curious to know the brands you have there and your experience with them. Which one is your most dependable? I am very happy with the two I have but I am always on the look out for better technology.

Thanks in advance for the information.

By the way, the meat looks like it would make your tounge slap your brain silly! I love a good butt.

17. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

the 2 dark gray ones im not sure of the brand i borrowed them from my brother the tall one is a Taylor really like that one it also has a pager with it that i can keep it in the house and see the temp the other 3 are Thermo Tech i havent had any problems with them yet

18. bhille42

bhille42 Meat Mopper

Mighty fine looking smoke you have going

19. blacklab

blacklab Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Wow!!! with all that food somebody is gonna get fat or lots of somebody's [​IMG]

Very nice lookin smoke [​IMG]

20. meat magician

meat magician Smoke Blower

No kiddin you got a full house, looks great, especially the bird.