Full House with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2007
Westville, Indiana
Doing a smoke today for my brother, he is having a b-day party for his kids tomorrow so smoking him 40lb of butts put on 2 racks of Baby backs for my self also added a chick and a small 5 lb butt started them about 10-10:30 am hope they are done by 10 tonight he wants to come pick them up tonight

nice lookin full smoker! Gonna be a good batch of food for the party!

The first and third thermometer, did you have issues with them reporting each other's meat temps? I've used the two I had and they would each report each other's temps. I'm curious how yours did by leaving them in each individual base.

The butts look great. How old are his kids so I'll know what kind of present to bring when I show up to eat. LOL

Everything looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks good, guess you can never have enough thermometers.
icon_surprised.gif

Lookin good... No TBS wasted there, looks like iut will all be used up.... Great lookin start, cant wait to see finished butts and bird...

What an assortment of thermometers. I am currently using the Maverick ET-73 and have used it for almost a year. I have also purchased the Maverick ET-71 for the second butt in the smoker. I am curious to know the brands you have there and your experience with them. Which one is your most dependable? I am very happy with the two I have but I am always on the look out for better technology.

Thanks in advance for the information.

By the way, the meat looks like it would make your tounge slap your brain silly! I love a good butt.

the 2 dark gray ones im not sure of the brand i borrowed them from my brother the tall one is a Taylor really like that one it also has a pager with it that i can keep it in the house and see the temp the other 3 are Thermo Tech i havent had any problems with them yet

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky