Frozen sliced bacon not smokey enough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Becky B.

Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I just got a 1/2 hog back from the butcher. The farmer was in a pinch for a butcher & never used him before. And he'll never use him again! But I digress....the bacon isn't smokey at all. Can I thaw it in the refrigerator & smoke it on low to get some smokey flavor on it? It is all sliced already. I'm bummed to say the least.

I cook bacon on my kettle all the time. Just cook it with low indirect heat and a chunk of your favorite wood. I'm not sure if you can thaw, cold smoke and then refreeze bacon without degrading the taste or texture. One of the bacon experts will have to chime in on that one.

Chris

I cook bacon on my pellet smoker also. Gives reg store bought bacon extra smoke.

Those are good ideas, but I eat my bacon with breakfast....don't really want to fire up the grill at 6:00 am.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky