From Scratch Reuben Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
Has anyone done a reuben fatty from scratch? I want to to do one, but am arguing in my head whether to cure the whole muscle and grind it up vs. grind first and then cure the ground meat.

Tell me what you did and why you did it please. :D

Reactions: david r
Nice to see ya stranger, I never did one but I'd cure it, then cook it long enough with pickling spices so that you can pull it.

Why hello yourself old friend! :D

Cure the ground meat or cure the meat and then grind? Pulled corned beef just rubs me wrong.

Dang I thought you were talking corned beef as an ingredient. To early in the morning I guess.
I think your two methods would give you the same end results, I think maybe "Grind the meat and then cure" might give you a better bind, but not really sure

Grind the meat and cure is really what I want to do, but I don't want to neglect the possibilites.

Happy to see your reply old friend btw. :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky