From Redwood City, CA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DonP

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
Hello SMFers,
I’m going to be cooking for my daughter’s and niece’s HS graduation celebration.
I got a new cooker just for the occasion, a Char-Griller Grand Champ XD offset. Until now, I’ve just used old char-broil grill, it’s old and breaking down and just too small, and a weber kettle.
So new cooker here, and 2 meats I’ve only done once 10+ years ago, Briskets and Pork Butts.
I’ll be asking a lot of questions in the other forums and look forward to the discussions.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! I lived in RC for 42 years, Farm Hills area, Edgecliff Dr. Went to Roy Cloud School and San Carlos High, lived across the canyon from the convent my baby sis got married in. CA is a great place to be from! RAY

Reactions: DonP
Whenever you're in need of someone to test taste your next smoke, I'll just Uber over. Oh, and welcome from Menlo Park, CA.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! I lived in RC for 42 years, Farm Hills area, Edgecliff Dr. Went to Roy Cloud School and San Carlos High, lived across the canyon from the convent my baby sis got married in. CA is a great place to be from! RAY
I had a buddy who lived up on the hill when I was in HS. That was back when you could spot Joe Montana and Jerry Rice on occasion.

Whenever you're in need of someone to test taste your next smoke, I'll just Uber over. Oh, and welcome from Menlo Park, CA.
My kids go to school in RWC and we do most of our stuff there. I'm actually in the unincorporated area of MP. And nice truck. I'm working on a '67 Mustang myself.

Hi neighbor! Welcome to the forum from East Bay and congrats on your new smoker! I have almost the same I bought 15 years ago... Love it!
Hopefully I get some time to season it today. Looking to get test cook in this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky