• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Frog!! - It's what's for dinner! - The other white meat? - Qview

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 5, 2011
Co-worker brought me some marinated frog.  He recommended I deep fry it, but since I do not like to deep fry, I am going to add a little more seasoning and toss them on the grill wrapped in foil with some butter and a dash of olive oil.  I've grilled them in the past and they, IME tend to dry out easily.  It must be the size here in CA because, I've eaten some huge frogs out of state.

Cold water thaw because he had marinated so much that some went into the freezer.

More pics to come...

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
You caught my attention - I'm in 
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 5, 2011
Thin meat pieces

Thicker meat pieces.  Calogen from all the meat was nice and sticky.

When it came to eating the pieces with less meat, one needs to be comfortable with sucking and mouth sifting, like working on a mouthful sunflower seeds.

Next time, I'll try and plan ahead and apply the smoke to'em.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
Looks like they turned out good! 
icon14.gif
  Yummy frog 
drool.gif
  What wood do you use to smoke your frogs?

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
Whole frog like that makes a very good sauce picant too!
drool.gif
You going to bust that out for us? See the boys on Duck Dynasty catching & eating them looks like my kind of food. Not done down here,pity.Frogs to small or protected. Popular in the north of Italy as well as France.

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 4, 2012
Looks tasty to me. I remember my first bull frog legs where we caught and chopped up legs, then seasoned them with salt and pepper only to watch them twitch like the legs were jumping in place. We dusted with flour and pan fried in butter..MMm they were awesome!

Nice work!

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
When I get time to catch some I can post some view of frog sauce picant moikel

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
When I get time to catch some I can post some view of frog sauce picant moikel
That would be great to see.If its not strictly smoked you can stick in nose to tail if you like. I love that cooking style that foamheart ,shoneyboy& others do from your neck of the woods.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks tasty to me. I remember my first bull frog legs where we caught and chopped up legs, then seasoned them with salt and pepper only to watch them twitch like the legs were jumping in place. We dusted with flour and pan fried in butter..MMm they were awesome!

Nice work!
That's the way I always make them, but I gotta try smoking some too---Gotta be Great!!!

Nice Job Hagisan !!!

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.