Frog!! - It's what's for dinner! - The other white meat? - Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagisan

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Sacramento
Co-worker brought me some marinated frog.  He recommended I deep fry it, but since I do not like to deep fry, I am going to add a little more seasoning and toss them on the grill wrapped in foil with some butter and a dash of olive oil.  I've grilled them in the past and they, IME tend to dry out easily.  It must be the size here in CA because, I've eaten some huge frogs out of state.

Cold water thaw because he had marinated so much that some went into the freezer.

More pics to come...

You caught my attention - I'm in 
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif

Thin meat pieces

Thicker meat pieces.  Calogen from all the meat was nice and sticky.

When it came to eating the pieces with less meat, one needs to be comfortable with sucking and mouth sifting, like working on a mouthful sunflower seeds.

Next time, I'll try and plan ahead and apply the smoke to'em.

Looks tasty to me. I remember my first bull frog legs where we caught and chopped up legs, then seasoned them with salt and pepper only to watch them twitch like the legs were jumping in place. We dusted with flour and pan fried in butter..MMm they were awesome!

Nice work!

Looks tasty to me. I remember my first bull frog legs where we caught and chopped up legs, then seasoned them with salt and pepper only to watch them twitch like the legs were jumping in place. We dusted with flour and pan fried in butter..MMm they were awesome!

Nice work!
That's the way I always make them, but I gotta try smoking some too---Gotta be Great!!!

Nice Job Hagisan !!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky