Friendsmas 2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 1, 2019
Nor Cal
Every year someone of our friends like to gather for a Friendsgiving dinner close to Thanksgiving. Yes, it's sort of a made up gathering for us to enjoy great food and hang out. However this year's event was delayed due to Life, the universe and everything. The first availablity for everyone was not until after Christmas so we renamed the event to Friendsmas. Have a bit of pto to burn and more time to setup, we went all out.
20191228_185248.jpg

Last night's dinner party for 8 menu:
20191228_121959.jpg

Appetizers: paired with ginger hibiscus champagne cocktail
20191228_183346.jpg

First course: roasted marrow bones paired with a 2004 cabernet
20191228_193925.jpg

Second course pumpkin curry soup grilled shrimp and sauteed pancetta, coconut milk drizzled. Paired with a viognier
This was my favorite course because the pumpkin was from our friends garden and featured my first pancetta. Very nice to have a featured dish with a direct local connection to the ingredients.
20191228_202023.jpg

The main: smoked prime rib over mushroom duxelle paired with a sour belgian from a local brewery.
20191228_212531.jpg

And dessert: creme brulee cheesecake, coffee icecream paired with Mumm brut prestige.
20191228_224328.jpg

Thank you everyone for looking.

Attachments

• 20191228_211107.jpg
    20191228_211107.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 27
Now this is simply stunning. My hats off to you. Love the touch of a printed menu. This is something I do also for anniversary dinner and special gatherings. Super nice touch. Your foods appear well executed and nicely plated. The soup would be a huge hit with my wife. I’ve never tried roasted marrow but have heard it’s rich and delicious. This is a five star meal I’d pay for without qualms!! Very well done, I’m betting you get a ride with this meal.

WOW!
Way over the top. Above and beyond. I hope my friends do not get a chance to see this.
I have a dinner for 40 i plan every year. Now i give up. No way I can compete with this. Menu nice touch.

Reactions: S-met
Magazine cover spread right there.......I feel for you sorta though.

The lady I dated before I got married was into the fancy table spreads and needed everything to match the house, it drove my backwoods redneck @$$ insane. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
WOW!
Way over the top. Above and beyond. I hope my friends do not get a chance to see this.
I have a dinner for 40 i plan every year. Now i give up. No way I can compete with this. Menu nice touch.
No need to compete. Wife and I cap our seating for these at 8. It's not that much more difficult to scale some recipes up, but I just don't have resources for something like this for 40. Besides, 8-10 is still enjoyable. Trying to pull this meal off for 40 would be stressful.

Awesome awesome awesome only way to describe this fantastic meal. A gathering of friends will make memories of a life time. Wish some of mine were still here.

Warren

Wow. That meal is insane. Something you would pay $80-$100 a course for at a 5 star restaurant. Hats off to you. The printed menu was a nice touch. I need new friends.

Over the top amazing!

shhh - my wife cant see this...she will want do to the same thing.

OMG'osh!
Truly exceptional fine dining experience for all in attendance.
Good friends, good food and good times, does it get any better?
Beautifully executed start to finish.
The photography does it justice.

This goes far beyond being worthy of a mere Like.

Damn!
OTBS, Class of 2020 for sure.

Wow. That meal is insane. Something you would pay $80-$100 a course for at a 5 star restaurant. Hats off to you. The printed menu was a nice touch. I need new friends.
I don't know the exact cost, but we did breakdown per person and cost was less than $40 per person for curiosity. Doesn't include labor or creativity. A handful of ingredients and some of the wine and beers for pairings were not factored into the cost since they were not purchased for the event.

Over the top amazing!

shhh - my wife cant see this...she will want do to the same thing.
Easier than you might think.

And I don't keep secret recipes, just ask and I freely give out. If you can make it better, so be it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky