Fried Jumbo Shrimp-Artichoke Frittata-Tortellini Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Having no fresh veggies for dinner I thawed out a bag of baby artichokes and made a frittata yesterday afternoon, just like mama taught me.
DSCN2708.JPG

Had some 15 to-the-pound red Argentina shrimp thawed and dried.
DSCN2704.JPG

Coated with a egg wash, Italian bread crumbs combo, gettin' ready for the fry pan
DSCN2709.JPG
DSCN2710.JPG

Into the pan with a nice olive oil - butter mix, maybe not great for the diet, but good for the soul!
DSCN2711.JPG

About two minutes a side, golden brown and perfect
DSCN2712.JPG

Plated up with that artichoke frittata and some chicken-garlic tortellini in a tomato-basil sauce, little parm on top, nice glass of cab
DSCN2713.JPG

Had some homemade tartar and cocktail sauce for dippin', this was the kind of dinner I grew up with on Fridays, right up my wheelhouse! This was so delicious my wife Jan and I were giggling at the dinner table. Now I see these shrimp are on sale this week for $5.49lb, I'll be making a run to market this afternoon for as many two pounds bags as the freezer has room for. Thanks for lookin' in and y'all stay safe out there, the zombies are everywhere! RAY

The pan with a nice olive oil - butter mix, maybe not great for the diet, but good for the soul!
View attachment 481364
That shrimp looks incredible! One of the things I have learned doing this fasting stuff that fat is actually good for you. It does not have to be processed by the liver and does not raise your insulin. Gets used right away for energy. Tomorrow that will change though.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Sign me up brother!! That is one delicious looking meal right there. I'd walk to AZ barefoot...in the snow...up hill both ways, for a plate of that. Great job buddy.

Robert

Oh Ray! That looks scrumptious!

Thanks Stuart! Scrumptious was exactly the word Jan used last night, don't hear that from her all that often. Stay safe my friend, looks like we're in the worst spot on the planet for the virus. Thank you for the Like Stu, I do appreciate it. RAY

Yum !!! Looks amazing. 👍👍

Thanks Mike, and thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

That shrimp looks amazing Ray! You need some hush puppies to go along with them!!

Thank you John! I never made hush puppies, not exactly sure what they are. After some dubious recent trips outside my comfort zone I felt it best to go with something I knew Jan would enjoy, and it paid off. Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

Yeah buddy! I'll take a plate if that! Looks delicious!!

Thank you Travis! With some nice leftovers for the wife I can Weber up a nice thick ribeye for myself tonight! Thank you for the Like Travis, much appreciated. RAY

That shrimp looks incredible! One of the things I have learned doing this fasting stuff that fat is actually good for you. It does not have to be processed by the liver and does not raise your insulin. Gets used right away for energy. Tomorrow that will change though.

Thanks Brian! Well look at that, dinner was not only delicious but healthy too! Thank you for the Like Brian, I do appreciate it. RAY

DAAAAMN! Another great cook sir!

Thank you Steve! With all this lockdown time I'm getting in some great practice. Thanks for the Like Steve, I appreciate it. RAY

That is one great looking meal!

Thanks Denny, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Sign me up brother!! That is one delicious looking meal right there. I'd walk to AZ barefoot...in the snow...up hill both ways, for a plate of that. Great job buddy. Robert

Thank you Robert! No need to walk, we have a small plane airport a few miles away. You fly in, I'll pick you up and get you here in time for cocktails before dinner. Thank you for the Like my friend, I do appreciate it. RAY

Now that is my kind of dinner! Al

Thanks Al! There's not a minute spent anywhere that's as rewarding as those spent in the kitchen. Thank you for the Like Al, I do appreciate it. RAY

sawhorseray sawhorseray I'd fight a hoard of zombies for a plate of that. Looks darn good. Jim

Thanks Jim! There sure as hell ain't any zombie shortage here in AZ, folks are dropping at a record rate. Thanks for the Like Jim, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nice work Ray !

Thank you Rich, it was a day well spent! Thanks for the Like too, much appreciated! RAY

Ray that whole plate looks great! That Shrimp is perfectly cooked. We had a similar price for that size last week, I grabbed some. Gonna put them to good use soon. Excellent work. Stay safe.

Man, Ray those shrimp look tasty as all hell and pretty big too! They look like langostino lobster tails. That’s a plate I’d love to sit down to.

Also, $5.49/lb? That seems like a killer deal!! Shrimp seems to be anywhere from $10-15 around me.

That looks delicious Ray! Nice job! Ryan

Thanks Ryan, and thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it! RAY

Looks Great Ray!! What a price for those Shrimp!!! Gotta love that Plate!! Like. Bear

Thanks Bear! I not only do all the cooking around here the grocery shopping is part of my chore list, my wife Jan hasn't been inside any kind of store for almost a year now. Thank you for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Looks delicious ray. I love shrimp and artichokes. Nice work bud

Thanks Jake! A frittata is a great way to enjoy a choke, you get a real solid bite without having to scrape a mayo infused leaf with your teeth, tho I love doing that too. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky