Friday Panko Parmesan Cod

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Will be adding pictures tomorrow when we grill the fish, thought we would share the recipe now, when I am in the house, then add pics tomorrow from laptop as we grill.. that's easy for me ...

Recipe - 

1 nice size cod fillet

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs 

2/3 cup Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon salt

pepper to taste

garlic powder to taste

lemon juice -- optional

spray bottom of cod fillet with olive oil or equivalent and place on shiny side of aluminum foil, 

sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder to taste

mix all ingredients together and coat the top side of the fish .... depends on size of fillet if you use all the breading mix ,, 

preheat your grill to around 325 - 350 degrees, place on grill upper rack and charcoal pan all the way down, and don't seal top of foil, ( leave it all open on the top) ... grill approx 25 - 30 minutes, checking it every 10 minutes or so ....

when done, spay a little lemon juice ... let it sizzle .. lemon juice is optional ...we always add lemon juice to fish, and other things,, have 2 lemon trees in back yard and 1 lime tree ,,, 

now, all I have to do is add some pics tomorrow .....

Here is 15 minutes in, 

grilling at 300, being 2 lbs, will be a 30 - 35 minute grilling ............ btw, smelling fish and kingsford on a friday night ... does it get any better ??

Last edited:
Thanks Lance, we really cod, it's so flaky and this really came out pretty nice ...

griz400,

Looks fantastic.  What type of cod is that?   Rock?  Ling?    Wife and I came home with limits of Rock and Ling cod on Friday and I'm always looking for cod recipes.  Looks like you removed the  skin before cooking it?   Yum!!   We also have two lemon (Meyer) trees and am always finding an excuse to use the juice.

Craig

Bought at Sams club, said Alaska cod, so i guess ling ... 

Well, not letting hurricane getting us down too much .. it is fish Friday, and have 2 nice fillets .. was fishing at SAM's club and found these ,,, details in about a half hour ... 

salt pepper, garlic powder ... 

panko parm mixture, got grill fired up ... with a lime off our tree out back ... details in about a half hour or so ...  ..

Last edited:
Hot off the grill ... nice evening before Irma ... 77 degrees .. here it is off the grill ...

Nice and thick fillets ... I will do some hot sauce on mine ..some mac and cheese .. and Italian cut green beans ... ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rings Я Us
Had some Boccaccio cod from last season in the freezer and thought...."Hey! why not?". Grilled at 325* for 20+ minutes. Best thing I did. Griz, thanks for starting this thread. I've been looking for other recipes to help us consume some of our frozen cod.....and here, the wife will be going out cod fishing in a couple weeks. Seriously, very simple and easy meal. Thanks Oh, and now when we get home tomorrow night from Salmon fishing, we'll have leftovers already to go. Yeah Baby!!

b7d64ac75e4b8c4c0bb11c88a132b713.jpg

703b5daa39832e8f22444d142da3de96.jpg

e855904d3311b059913bd5c576d52d1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: griz400
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky