Friday Night Simple Meal & Semi-Big Beers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Llewellyn PA aka God's Country
Nothing better than a simple meal and cold drinks after a long day at work. Tonight it's cheesesteaks and "Semi-Big beers" (8-9% abv).

Fired up some lump in the kettle and got to grilling up some peppers and onions in the Weber Wok. I'm really liking this grilling system!

IMG_20190809_190454127.jpg

While they're cooking, time for a Victory Liberty Bell Ringer DIPA from a crowler

IMG_20190809_185620511.jpg

Throwing the meat on, shaved ribeye.
IMG_20190809_191918544.jpg

First dose of cheese
IMG_20190809_191940028.jpg

First Sammie done, wrapped in foil to stay warm just like our favorite Italian restaurant... You're probably saying, "...Tim, where's the red sauce?". The wife likes sauce on the side so we never sauce the cheesesteaks at home. Happy wife, happy life... Or something like that?!?!

IMG_20190809_192308283.jpg

If you think this is lacking cheese, its a bad pic. The cheese flipped to the bottom when loaded the bun with spatula...

Tonight is the first Friday night since about March (at least it seems that long) that it's not 90+°. So you know that means that about a cord of wood will get burnt in the fire pit tonight.

That is of course unless this guy shows up... Bearcarver, if you were stopping by God's Country, you should have left me know, I would have made breakfast! Nothing like lining up work on the phone in my truck, in my driveway around 6am this morning and having this guy walk out of the tree line about 30' away. I didn't buy a bear tag but I just might this year!

IMG_20190809_064634504.jpg

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful Friday night wherever you're at!

Last edited:
So the wife just dropped this present on me... A Solo Stove. A smokeless fire.

Anyone use one? It's an interesting concept. They claim it's new technology but my old coal stove does the same thing, pump the gases from combustion back under the fire and re-burn them to clear any impurities.

I believe a gravity feed cabinet works the same way.

Cool shit though, here are a few pics (getting it lit on the deck because it says it's safe. No worries I have a hose and I drank like 8 beers already so there's plenty of pressure if it pops off).

IMG_20190809_205503405.jpg

I tried with kindling and newspaper but this thing didn't want to give way to a good draft, lots of smoke and smoldering

IMG_20190809_205128145.jpg

Now it's finally lit and the directions say, don't put any wood over the edge. So of course what do I do...
IMG_20190809_220549485.jpg

Sandwich looks great love them things with hot peppers,yes I suffer from it bit taste so good.LIKES
Richie
Why is the bear so blurry :emoji_laughing:

Hey Tim!!
That looks like a Darn Good Cheesesteak!! And I've seen a "Few".
Nice God's Country Bruin, Too!! :emoji_bear:
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thank the Gods... No Cheezwiz! :emoji_wink:

Man, ya killing me with those delicious looking sammies.
Who doesn't love a great steak sammie, right.
Like!

I do have to confess, whenever we go to Philly for the Eagles-Phils-Flyers we always goto Pat's after the game and I definitely get one "wit" (with Cheese Whiz for the uninitiated). Guilty pleasure!

Reactions: forktender
Sandwich looks great love them things with hot peppers,yes I suffer from it bit taste so good.LIKES
Richie
Why is the bear so blurry :emoji_laughing:

I wish I had some hot peppers. It's feast or famine around here. Two years ago I so many hot peppers I didn't know what to do. The last two years it's been nothing. Too wet and everything rots before it ripens.

I do have to confess, whenever we go to Philly for the Eagles-Phils-Flyers we always goto Pat's after the game and I definitely get one "wit" (with Cheese Whiz for the uninitiated). Guilty pleasure!

OH NO!!!
I like "Grease" Whiz on my Ritz Crackers, but never on my Cheesesteak!!!
Provolone Rules!

Bear

Reactions: drdon
Those look awesome, I like'um with the Wiz or the Provolone, it's a hard choice for me, it just depends on what I have around the house or what mood I'm in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky