Fresh Pork Sausage (With Peppers)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fresh Pork Sausage (With Peppers)

This Ninja makes Sausage Beautifully—Not the PITA it used to be.
I used to Grill these, and it was hard to get the inside done, without burning the outside.
Pan Frying was the same thing, Plus it splattered everything up in the area. (Stove top, Counter, and Wall)
Now I just set the Ninja, throw them in for 4 minutes, flip them, another 4 minutes & they’re done!

We got a Pack of 5 Sausages, which is 16 ounces, so here we go.
While it’s still in the wrapper I stab it like a serial killer, but with a Fork
It’s much easier & quicker while in the clear wrapper.
Then I spray them real light with Avocado Oil, if I happen to think of it.
Then into the Ninja, Set on “Grill”, at 390°, at 10 Minutes.
Then after 4 minutes, I flipped them all over.
After 4 more Minutes they were Done.
So for the first night, I just put one on a plate with some of Mrs Bear’s Awesome Home Fries.
That’s always a Great Meal.

Then the next morning the leftover Home Fries fit real good with a pair of Over-Easies & a pair of Little Brown & Serve Sausages.

Then the Second Night I put Sausages on 2 Hot Dog Buns with some of Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce & some of Jeff’s BBQ Sauce, and some Tallarico’s Steak Sandwich Hot Peppers, and some Sweet & Sassy Pepper Strips.

That’s about it—Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Stabbing them like a serial killer, but with a Fork---Works real good this way:
IMG_7944.jpeg

Lay 'em out on the Ninja Preheated Grill:
IMG_7945.jpeg

After First Flip:
IMG_7947.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_7948.jpeg

Bear's First Night's Supper:
IMG_7949.jpeg

Next Morning's Breakfast----Leftover Home Fries, Eggs, and a couple little Brown & Serve Sausages:
IMG_7950.jpeg

A mixture of Tallarico's Steak Sandwich Peppers & Sweet & Sassy Pepper Strips, and Mrs Bear's & Jeff's BBQ Sauces:
IMG_7951.jpeg

Toasted all 4 halves of 2 Hot Dog Buns:
IMG_7952.jpeg

Nuked that Sauces & Peppers Mix, and Spread it on the Buns:
IMG_7953.jpeg

Another Bear Supper-----Drop one Sausage on each Half Bun, to give a Mighty Tasty "Meat to Bread Ratio":
IMG_7954.jpeg

Looks like some fine looking meals bear, they always say the guy you dont expect usually turns out to be the serial killer. You didn't happen to kill ants with a magnify glass when you were young did you🤔

They look great Bear! I love the use of avocado oil. It’s all I use for cooking and on my Blackstone. I buy it at a local Amish place by the gallon. Best high smoke point going.

Reactions: Sowsage
Wow John, that all looks great. Love the way the Ninja cooks the sausages. Beautiful. All looks great but that last one on the hot dog buns is off the charts!! I'd be all over those buddy. Nice job.

Robert

They look great Bear! I love the use of avocado oil. It’s all I use for cooking and on my Blackstone. I buy it at a local Amish place by the gallon. Best high smoke point going.

Thank You Jeff!!!
Yup, I just changed from Olive Oil, not too long ago, upon the suggestion in the Ninja Book. Haven't seen any smoke. I don't taste any Avocado, but I never tasted any Olives either. :emoji_wink:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like some fine looking meals bear, they always say the guy you dont expect usually turns out to be the serial killer. You didn't happen to kill ants with a magnify glass when you were young did you🤔

Yes, as a matter of fact I used to do that to spiders too, but I also used my BB gun on the big Spiders!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking sausages Bear! Just looking at those have me longing for chiseling out my gas grill and firing it up!! That ninja certainly gets the job done though. I’d buy one just to cook scrapple on.

Like!!

John

Now that's the way to fill up the buns in the last picture , just the right meat to bun ratio, lol

And yes I could go for a couple of those right now, as I just came in from the skating rink that used to be my yard. Glad i'm working from home today in the shop

David

Looks good Bear!! That ninja proves to do a great job once again! Looks like your eating good over there!

Wow John, that all looks great. Love the way the Ninja cooks the sausages. Beautiful. All looks great but that last one on the hot dog buns is off the charts!! I'd be all over those buddy. Nice job.

Robert

Thank You Robert!!
I knew you'd like that Bread to Meat Ratio!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great looking sausages Bear! Just looking at those have me longing for chiseling out my gas grill and firing it up!! That ninja certainly gets the job done though. I’d buy one just to cook scrapple on.

Like!!

Thank You Xray!!
Yup, it makes Great Scrapple, but also awesome Fried Chicken, Sausage, Steak, Fish, Fries, Pork, Ham, Taters, Bacon, and just about everything else.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky