Fresh Italian Sweet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sam3

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Byram Twp., New Jersey
Trying to post this again..

9 lbs of pork picnic, TSM Italian seasoning and stuffed into 29-32 hog casings. First time making linkers.

78ed776b_033.jpg

Sam

I fixed the post for you and welcome to the SMF

Nice sausages.

Sam those look great. Did the taste come out to your liking 

icon_cool.gif

Absolutely fabulous job for your first try. Now how many times did it blowout on you?

icon_cool.gif

Absolutely fabulous job for your first try. Now how many times did it blowout on you?
Thanks everyone and sorry about the double post. I didn't know if had to be approved by a mod before it came up. So I did it twice by accident.

Surprisingly, no blowouts. An experienced sausagemaker on another forum walked me through it and that was a huge help. His most valuable tip to me was to "pinch" the casing with my fingers at the desired length and then keep stuffing. It made it very easy to twist afterwards. I also really took my time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky