French tongue &beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moikel

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2011
Sydney &Greenwell Point Australia
Rather suggestive title I know
biggrin.gif

I pulled a smoked beef tongue out of the freezer,some smoked pork bones & figure I will do sort of a cassoulet influenced dish.

I will get some photos up soon.

Ah, Mick. You know how to sweet talk a woman, I see. :30:

I'm in! Can't wait to see the results!

Clarissa

Attention wino's this is the frenchiest bottle in the cellar, made for export to the USA  but order cancelled thanks to GFC.Got it cheaper but still not much change out of $40.

Should be a good match.Having internet issues so hoping for the best on the posting.

I don't know if I got the photos into this via I pad. I am not that computer savvy.
Pulled meat of bacon bones,fried onion garlic,chopped butt end of a bit of pancetta.Added some thyme,oregano red wine,French mustard,splash of red wine,cbp.
Then I peeled & cut tongue put that & beans in. Just thinking about thickening it .

We had massive storms last night don't know if that's part of Internet problem. I hate dealing with the"help" desk .
I will get some more photo's up shortly. It's pretty tasty ,just on the lowest of simmers now. Might grate a bit of cheese on the finished plate.
Smoked tongue is a great thing,poaching a great way to cook it.I have a few in the freezer.

Pretty good meal. Really happy with how it turned out.Its not fancy but its all about the taste. Tongue beautiful soft not greasy at all poaching the key I think ,bacon bones give it a nice depth.All smoked by me ,don't get why tongue isn't more popular.

I truly love beef tongue,  we ate it often when I was a kid cause it was very cheap.  Sadly folks figured out how good it is, and now its over 12$ a lb.  A far cry from 50 cents a piece. 

Looks great, Mick. I love the color on that tongue. Between the tongue and the smoked pork bones, that dish packed a hefty punch of flavor...bet it was delicious!

The aversion people have to cuts that resemble actual parts of an animal is pretty funny. My husband is good about eating anything I make, but he still doesn't want to look at a tongue before I have it cooked, peeled, and sliced.

Have a great weekend!
Clarissa

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky