Freezing smoked shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dryfly

Original poster
Jul 9, 2014
I'm sorry if this has been covered... I'm thinking about smoking extra shrimp and then trying to freeze it for later uses. Will the shrimp texture change? Any tips would be appreciated.

Haven’t tried it but reheating always turns out rubbery for me, but freezing and let it thaw in fridge and eat cold in shrimp cocktail might work.

CrazyCajun has the right of it.

Its always best to freeze raw seafood, and it keeps better when frozen completely surrounded in water. If you think you have too many shrimp, then go ahead and freeze some before cooking. Or do like I do, cook 'em all and just pig out.......LOL Shrimp will loss mass when cooked (they shrink), so they will most definitely have a change in density. Once cooked they are good in the reefer at least a week safely.

Remember Forest Gump? There are so many things you can shrimps.

Reactions: crazzycajun
Thanks for the help, it was probably a bad plan from the start.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky