• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Freezing Enchiladas ?

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Can you put Enchiladas together and freeze without cooking them?
TIA Richie

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Yep, I've done it before using a vac-seal bag Richie, works fine. I like to freeze them after they've been cooked, easy leftovers in the microwave or sous vide. RAY

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Yep, I've done it before using a vac-seal bag Richie, works fine. I like to freeze them after they've been cooked, easy leftovers in the microwave or sous vide. RAY
Ray I was planning on making these using disposable foil pans with covers,any problem doing that not planning long term storage. Maybe a month or so
Richie

Kevin DeShazo

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 7, 2018
Ray I was planning on making these using disposable foil pans with covers,any problem doing that not planning long term storage. Maybe a month or so
Richie
This is exactly what we do. We wont bake them until we are ready to eat them. Assemble in aluminum pan, cover and freeze. It will take a while in the oven to thaw and bake unless you are smart enough to take them the day before to start to thaw.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Richie I do it like that with lasagna and enchilada . Un cooked in a foil pan . I put plastic wrap tight on the top against the food , then cover with foil . Remove the plastic for cooking .

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Thank You I appreciate the Help.
Richie

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man that makes me hungry for enchiladas!
Al

thirdeye

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 1, 2019
If you decide to freeze now and bake later be mindful of the corn tortillas, they can become dry and crack so be mindful when you dip in your oil or warmed sauce before rolling them, and make sure to cover with sauce and a layer of cheese. If you are doing smothered burritos with flour tortillas, they hold up better.

At work we do Mexican buffets and I assemble enchiladas & burritos the night before, and hold in my beer fridge. We bake them them in a big cabinet smoker and it takes about a hour 15 minutes, then I like to remove the lids and let the cheese take a little smokey flavor.

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Hey Richie, we do it all the time works just fine

Gary

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Took a small tray out last night worked great Thanks again.
Richie
100_0212.JPG

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Man those look good . Did you buy the trays that have the cover ?

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Man those look good . Did you buy the trays that have the cover ?
Rich Yes I did still have 1 left in the freezer they work great. I added another small can of sauce and some more cheese before baking.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Good info , I like those pans . I'll have to pick some up . Thanks .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.