Freezing Enchiladas ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Can you put Enchiladas together and freeze without cooking them?
TIA Richie

Yep, I've done it before using a vac-seal bag Richie, works fine. I like to freeze them after they've been cooked, easy leftovers in the microwave or sous vide. RAY

Reactions: tropics
Yep, I've done it before using a vac-seal bag Richie, works fine. I like to freeze them after they've been cooked, easy leftovers in the microwave or sous vide. RAY
Ray I was planning on making these using disposable foil pans with covers,any problem doing that not planning long term storage. Maybe a month or so
Richie

Ray I was planning on making these using disposable foil pans with covers,any problem doing that not planning long term storage. Maybe a month or so
Richie

This is exactly what we do. We wont bake them until we are ready to eat them. Assemble in aluminum pan, cover and freeze. It will take a while in the oven to thaw and bake unless you are smart enough to take them the day before to start to thaw.

If you decide to freeze now and bake later be mindful of the corn tortillas, they can become dry and crack so be mindful when you dip in your oil or warmed sauce before rolling them, and make sure to cover with sauce and a layer of cheese. If you are doing smothered burritos with flour tortillas, they hold up better.

At work we do Mexican buffets and I assemble enchiladas & burritos the night before, and hold in my beer fridge. We bake them them in a big cabinet smoker and it takes about a hour 15 minutes, then I like to remove the lids and let the cheese take a little smokey flavor.

Igx6pjJ.jpg

Hey Richie, we do it all the time works just fine

Gary

Took a small tray out last night worked great Thanks again.
Richie
100_0212.JPG

Reactions: chopsaw
Man those look good . Did you buy the trays that have the cover ?
Rich Yes I did still have 1 left in the freezer they work great. I added another small can of sauce and some more cheese before baking.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky