Free pork loins!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
harborcreek,pa
Went to the local grocery store with the wife tonight and got a big surprise.They had pork loins on sale buy one get one free!!! Bought 2 ten pounders at 4.99 a pound and got 2 9.5 pounders for free!!!!Then i found some babyback ribs on clearance so i got those too, plus a pork butt for tomorrow.The wife just kept rolling her eyes at me!!! She won't care when she eating that loin!Got to talkin with the butcher behind the counter and he's a really nice guy said i could order anything i wanted, they do custom grinding and if i wanted anything to let him know and he would keep a eye out for the nicer cuts for me!!I might have to split my meat buying between them and my true local butcher shop! I truely belive in being good to your butcher so i will take him some q to help in my quest for nice cuts!--LES

Heck of a deal... I agree you should have filled the freezer...

I always check the meat counter for mark downs.. yesterday at walmart i got 9 bb's for 1.89 a lb 4 whole loins .99 a lb 2 butts 6 thick ribeyes and 2 packs of beef loins that went straght to the grill with some hunky rub on them

icon_cool.gif

Yea it's nice to good to your local butcher. I carry them some smoked meats from time to time and that gets me alot of good stuff too. Now I get to pick out my bellies for bacon and I also get some really good deals too. It's like the old days when someone helps you you help them. I wish we could go back to thoses days. The world would be a nicer place then.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky