• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fourth of July weekend smokes

morbidsteve

Joined Jun 28, 2020
Had to put this up because zippy said if I don't show a picture it never happened. Only smoked 3 times now. The smoker was in the trash on trash day and I just rolled it home, so it was cool to get it for free and see what I've been able to make.

First is leftover ribs I made into taco meat because I saw someone else do it on these forums.
Then made the brisket with my neighbor (only 3.3 lbs) for lunch yesterday, and the chicken wings for dinner.

Learned a lot. Mostly (see the wings picture) that I need to have the temperature sensor for my blower closer to where the smoke travels out of the offset burner area.

All was delicious though! All the neighbors were happy and my house smells like smoked meat.
IMG_8466.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg
IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looks good! As they say...one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Ryan

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Nice score. It's not everyday you can pick up a free smoker that actually works.
Gary

TomCrump

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 11, 2019
Looks like it may be an upright Dyna Glo. Mine produced good food. My son-in-law has it, now, but I enjoyed cooking in it a lot.

Attachments

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Well I bet that guy that was throwing that smoker out would be pissed if he tasted the food you just cooked on it!
Nicely done!!
Al

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Always makes me think some poor guy got tossed out , and his wife threw all his stuff away .

Food looks good .

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Can't beat the deal you got on that smoker! Looks like you are doing a good job with it.

QuyDaddi

Joined Jun 14, 2020
Had to put this up because zippy said if I don't show a picture it never happened. Only smoked 3 times now. The smoker was in the trash on trash day and I just rolled it home, so it was cool to get it for free and see what I've been able to make.

First is leftover ribs I made into taco meat because I saw someone else do it on these forums.
Then made the brisket with my neighbor (only 3.3 lbs) for lunch yesterday, and the chicken wings for dinner.

Learned a lot. Mostly (see the wings picture) that I need to have the temperature sensor for my blower closer to where the smoke travels out of the offset burner area.

All was delicious though! All the neighbors were happy and my house smells like smoked meat.
View attachment 452532
View attachment 452533 View attachment 452535
View attachment 452534
Food looks great and it's awesome finding cool things on trash day! We found an abandoned gas grill last weekend when camping but not enough room on the truck bed to take it home.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
Awesome find and some good looking food!
LIKE!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.