Fourth of July weekend smokes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

morbidsteve

Original poster
Jun 28, 2020
Had to put this up because zippy said if I don't show a picture it never happened. Only smoked 3 times now. The smoker was in the trash on trash day and I just rolled it home, so it was cool to get it for free and see what I've been able to make.

First is leftover ribs I made into taco meat because I saw someone else do it on these forums.
Then made the brisket with my neighbor (only 3.3 lbs) for lunch yesterday, and the chicken wings for dinner.

Learned a lot. Mostly (see the wings picture) that I need to have the temperature sensor for my blower closer to where the smoke travels out of the offset burner area.

All was delicious though! All the neighbors were happy and my house smells like smoked meat.
IMG_8466.jpg

IMG_9686.jpg
IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

Looks good! As they say...one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Ryan

Looks like it may be an upright Dyna Glo. Mine produced good food. My son-in-law has it, now, but I enjoyed cooking in it a lot.

Attachments

• m_DSCN0774.jpg
    m_DSCN0774.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 17
Well I bet that guy that was throwing that smoker out would be pissed if he tasted the food you just cooked on it!
Nicely done!!
Al

Always makes me think some poor guy got tossed out , and his wife threw all his stuff away .

Food looks good .

Had to put this up because zippy said if I don't show a picture it never happened. Only smoked 3 times now. The smoker was in the trash on trash day and I just rolled it home, so it was cool to get it for free and see what I've been able to make.

First is leftover ribs I made into taco meat because I saw someone else do it on these forums.
Then made the brisket with my neighbor (only 3.3 lbs) for lunch yesterday, and the chicken wings for dinner.

Learned a lot. Mostly (see the wings picture) that I need to have the temperature sensor for my blower closer to where the smoke travels out of the offset burner area.

All was delicious though! All the neighbors were happy and my house smells like smoked meat.
View attachment 452532
View attachment 452533View attachment 452535
View attachment 452534

Food looks great and it's awesome finding cool things on trash day! We found an abandoned gas grill last weekend when camping but not enough room on the truck bed to take it home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky