Found 100% Mesquite Pellets in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow while looking through the sales that start tomorrow I found these 100% Mesquite Pellets at a nice small grocery store chain here in North TX:
View attachment 523410

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma I know you like going to Market Street (I don't blame you) so if you need 100$ Mesquite pellets they are on sale there this week. I didn't even know they carried them!!!

Anyone in TX near a Market Street feel free to confirm if they carry the 100% Mesquite Pellets as well :)
I thinkng about making a run down there tomorrow and eating at Hutchens. Been to long just got to get there when they open.

tallbm tallbm - pecan on it's own is very light indeed. I do really like pecan with cherry though.

One thing you could do to use it up is load your hopper up with about half as much of whatever you really like then top it off with the pecan so that the pecan is being used at the end of the smoke (where the meat has already taken on 90% of the flavor that the smoke imparts.)

I'm with you on pit boss comp blend. I like to add a little more cherry to the mix. I do love me some cherry smoke! I used cherry splits almost exclusively in my old stick burner until my BIL had a pecan tree come down. That's when I realized that pecan and cherry went really well together.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I would do that for sure. Thing is I run an MES with a PID controller so I only burn my pellets in my AMNPS tray. I can do a bit of what you suggest though by blending the pecan into stuff.

I think on my next pork butt smoke I'll mix pecan in with my Pit Boss Comp Blend and see how it comes out. If it's acceptable then I can definitely through that 35 pounds of Pecan I have while doing pork butts. I'm lucky that pork butts go on sale for like $0.97/lb about twice a month across the 3 different grocery stores within a mile of me.

Or I could do like 70% Pecan and 30% Mesquite on pork butts. Mesquite does fine on pork as well though people don't really know that much unless u are in the TX or Oklahoma area where mesquite is all over :)

Oh these 1st world problems :P

I thinkng about making a run down there tomorrow and eating at Hutchens. Been to long just got to get there when they open.
Oh yeah Hutchens is good.
It's a little far for me since I have a Hard Eight not to far from me. I love me some Hard Eight and the line moves since it is so big.

Lumberjack used to do 100% Pecan. I bought a 40 pound bag figuring I would like them... nope.
If you were near the Dallas area I'd gladly let you purchase the 35lbs or so I have off my hands for a good price or just swap for some 100% of a pellet I more of anyhow lol :D
I may be making a business trip to Dallas in a couple months. May take you up on the offer if I go.

I may be making a business trip to Dallas in a couple months. May take you up on the offer if I go.
That sounds great, just let me know if it becomes something doable. The pellets are still here :)

B&B claims to be 100% (whichever wood you choose) and those are sold at all academy stores. Isn’t academy a pretty common store throughout Texas?

No!!! B&B claims to being 100% Hardwood. From what I hear B&B is rebranded BBQer's Delight. On the back they admit to the mixture of oak and flavor wood. Some others do too but most of them are less than forthcoming about the mix of heat wood and flavor wood. Look for 100% whatever flavor wood you're looking for on the label. I'll admit B&B is one of the better pellet suppliers but I prefer Lumber Jack.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky