Forgive me …

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SUPPORT THE FORUM-- Go Ad-FREE!

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
I’ve never met anyone here in person, and this is of no real concern, but Ive come to regard this place as pseudo-family and comforting …

This morning my 4-yo grandson died. He is in my avatar from a while ago, the light of my life and my wife’s, who got us thru this multi-year Covid/lockdown shit-show. We aren’t supposed to outlive our kids, let alone our grandkids. I don’t know how to get thru this. No one will ever be the same. But my daughter and granddaughters need us. I’m sorry to post this … just had to vent somewhere, and this has been a place of solace in other ways. If inclined, pray for my daughter and son-in-law.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
You may have never met us but we still consider each other as friends. We are here for you. Vent all you need. My family will be praying for you and your family.

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 11, 2018
Sullivan, IN
Tim,

There is not much I could ever say to take away the pain you and your family have to be feeling. All of you are in my prayers. If you need to "vent", myself and others will listen.

Reactions: bigfurmn

SmokinEdge

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Prayers up.
What a tragic situation. I cannot even imagine, but those living need your support. Bring the family together and support them in a unity. So sorry for your loss. Time is the only thing that will resolve this, stay engaged with family. God’s speed.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Sorry your family is having to endure this tragedy… Please know your an SMF brother and we are here for you! If you need to vent… by all means do it!

My fam and I are sincerely broken-hearted for you all!

Prayers to your family from ours! 🙏🏼

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I am here for you to vent to, a shoulder to cry on, a heart that is breaking for you, someone to pray with and for you. My soul and my heart are truly hurting for you and your family...

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Tim,
SMF is like family, we are here for you. Jackie and I will add you and your family to our families prayers.

Jason and Jackie

Carbon1960

Fire Starter
Jul 31, 2021
I’ve never met anyone here in person, and this is of no real concern, but Ive come to regard this place as pseudo-family and comforting …

This morning my 4-yo grandson died. He is in my avatar from a while ago, the light of my life and my wife’s, who got us thru this multi-year Covid/lockdown shit-show. We aren’t supposed to outlive our kids, let alone our grandkids. I don’t know how to get thru this. No one will ever be the same. But my daughter and granddaughters need us. I’m sorry to post this … just had to vent somewhere, and this has been a place of solace in other ways. If inclined, pray for my daughter and son-in-law.
So sorry for your loss. You will make it through this. Stay strong for those that rely on you.

tbern

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
Deepest sympathies for you and your family. Please don't hesitate to vent or whatever you need to do. So very sorry for your loss.

DougE

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 13, 2010
Richmond,KY
I have no words to offer that will help you through this terrible tragedy. All I have to offer are prayers for you and your family, and an ear to listen if you need to talk.

Brokenhandle

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
That is heart breaking! I can't even imagine! We send our prayers for you and your family. And as others have said, we are here to listen to you, an ear if you need to vent.

Ryan

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2018
DACULA GA
I have no words for this unthinkable thing that happened. We are so sorry, and you and your Family are in our prayers. As said above, we are always here for anything you need to vent, etc. Somehow find the inner strength to be strong for your Family.

Latest posts

Hot Threads