For your entertainment...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidlsi

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
While searching around craigslist I saw a posting for a Weber Grill with a Simpson's theme but with no picture.  So I did a Google image search and one of the pictures that came up was an OCC chopper with a smoker set where a sidecar would normally go.

3b050e2a_20_rubmobile1_lg-500x335.jpg

I clicked on that image to read about that project only to find a long list of interesting grills and smokers.  From a grill made from an Altoids Tin to one featuring a 5.7-liter V-8 HEMI engine, and can cook 240 hot dogs in 3 minutes! (I know the opposite of low and slow)

I thought it some of you would find this interesting.....http://www.neatorama.com/tag/bbq-grill/

Have a great Thursday

SeeYa

DavidLSI

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Yea I have seen that smoker/grill along time ago. but thanks

Yea I remember that build I wonder if it performs very well?
http://www.meninaprons.net/archives/2007/08/rub_chopper_in_action.html

[h1]RUB Chopper in Action[/h1][h3]Filed Under: Press Release
Tags:[/h3]
It seems that my post about the RUB BBQ Chopper did not go unnoticed. Andrew Fischel, of RUB noticed the post and sent over some pictures. Said Andrew: I saw your post and just wanted to clear a few things up. The motorcycle and the BBQ pit are fully functional. The pit was made by David Klose of bbqpits.com. Her are a few pictures of us cooking. Take care.

I had forgotten that RUB was having David Klose build the pit. Klose is the premier custom pit manufacturer in the country. He's basically the Orange County Chopper of the BBQ pit world.

So there you have it. I guess I should have cleared up what I meant. Obviously anything that OCC makes is going to be functional, but generally OCC's concept bikes are meant for show. However, for RUB, the opposite might be true. Check out these pics. You can see some racks of spare ribs and a few briskets cooking.

db9e579d_rub_chopper03.jpg

25235e63_rub_chopper02.jpg
According to this it works well.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky