For those who can't/don't smoke this time of year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gr0uch0

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 30, 2016
Displaced Texan in Door County WI
Ladies and gents:

As much as we want to smoke 365, some cannot.  I came home tonight to find a box on my doorstep from my 93 year old father.  Every Thanksgiving for the past 20, he's sent all us "kids" smoked turkeys from New Braunfels Smokehouse to honor our mom who passed in 1995.  We used to have smoked turkeys as kids that I would put up against anyone's best efforts anywhere that the two of them took days to prepare, as was often many Texans' tradition.  As we grew up, we "kids" scattered all over the country, and he decided to carry forward the  tradition--and Mom's memory--in a somewhat different fashion by sending us these incredible smoked turkeys.  Even though I still smoke--and fry--turkey this time of the year, I don't want to burst his bubble, and it makes him happy to send these.  I'm simply amazed that he's still chugging along on his own at 93+, and needs (nor wants) any help whatsoever.  

My thread title indicated limitation, and NBS is a great alternative for those who can't smoke this time of year:  alternatively, I've used these for client gifts for many years--I can't tell you the outrageous comments I've received over the years for sending these unique thank you gifts.  If you're looking for something different to send those who are important in your business or your life, this is a quality product which certainly fits the bill.  As much as I'd like to send my own smoked goodies all over the globe to friends, clients, and loved ones, I don't have the wherewithal to do it and keep food safety paramount, and I'd recommend NBS to anyone.  Thanks for the read, and be thankful for those who help make us what and who we are.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky