For those that fry - What do you do with your oil?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sonofasmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 23, 2016
Cumming, GA
I would love to fry in my discada, but I like to be organized in my cooking style. What do y'all do with your oil? I have seen china caps that are then pouring into steel containers. How do you do it? What have you found sucks/works well? TIA!

I filter while still hot/warm through coffee filters into canning jars and store in the fridge.

There was a thread about this years ago one guy said he puts his fAt,grease, and oil in a jar. Then put it in his car unlocked, and wrapped as a Christmas gift :emoji_sleepy: not sure about some people

Reactions: sandyut
Really depends on what I’ve cooked in it and where I’m cooking.

Most of the time I use fresh oil ever cook. If that’s the case the used oil goes into our oil recycling jug. Which goes to our local recycle outfit.

When camping the oil used oil goes on the campfire.

I save it up and place the container on top of my trash in the bin on trash day morning.
Then I hope when it pops the run off is not in front of my house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky